Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Just wrote my last official note.

Like losing the last 15 pounds, those last 15 or so notes were tough to write.

I did a REALLY good job.  My original intent was to write exactly one note a day, so that every day I would be thinking about Jennifer.   That didn't really happen.  Some days I would feel really inspired to write about 5, some days none.  But those days where I didn't write any, my Jewish guilt had the same effect as actually writing that note.

The holidays happened near the end, too, and I sent out a good 80 holiday cards as well, each having some hand-written sentiment on it, which backed me up a bit.

This was perhaps one of my best ideas ever.

It turns out people really like to feel like they are a part of something.  I got so many thank you notes for my note.  Who writes a thank-you note to a note?   So many people told me that their. It's came at a really good time, as if somehow I knew that they needed to be cheered up.  

I'm going to do this again next year, I think.  It was very therapeutic, and I've finally figured out that taking a little time to make someone else feel valued or loved, even if it means just a couple of words, is really meaningful.

The anniversary of Jen's passing is next week.  I think I did right by her.

Love you, Jen.  I've learned by your example.

No comments:

Post a Comment